Concert Photography

As I was perusing the interwebs today, I noticed that Soundgarden was making the news. And so was I. A few photos I took from my gig as a music journo and concert photographer have been making the rounds here:

and here:

And man, do I love these photos? My camera was always kind of shitty so I’m super glad these turned out well enough to be flounced around the world. Oh and I do love shooting Cornell. 🙂 I love talking to him too, just check out this interview I did with him.

That top photo, plus the following two, also made it into Consequence of Sound’s Best Photos of the Year List!

If you want to take a look at some of my concert photography, you can find them off of my articles here or click this link to get a select few of my faves!


Metal Blonde, the music journalist

Somewhere around the same time I started writing the Experiment in Terror Series, I became a music journalist. This meant gallivanting around the world covering festivals, concerts and interviews for publications such as Consequence of Sound and Mxdwn. I say gallivanting because even though it was “work”, let’s face it, 90% of the job is having a fucking great time (the other 10% is transcribing interviews – HELL). There was a lot of photography involved, more than enough writing, and oodles of hangovers, sweat-soaked clothes, and great stories. GREAT stories.

Behold, geeky photos of myself geeking out over people I admire (except Jessica Simpson and that girl from Gossip Girl who I think looks like Ada Palomino…cuz I no haz admire for dem).

[simpleviewer gallery_id=”3″]

Some of my highlights include being backstage with Faith No More in Finland, hanging out on the Slayer tour bus in Seattle, swooning during Mondo Cane in Poland, Interviewing Chris Cornell, catching an intimate Queens of the Stone Age show in Seattle, having drinks with two of the biggest managers in the industry (and listening to them blabber about everyone you could imagine), fangirling over Jerry Cantrell, annoying Danny Devito, having coffee with Liz Phair, being able to have a one-on-one convo with Mike Patton for 30 mins, almost getting in a fight in the Slayer moshpit, randomly hanging out with James Murphuy after LCD Soundsystem, being on stage at FNM a few times, going for dinner with Dub Trio, watching Brian Pohsen fangirl(boy) over Rob Zombie (after I did the same), getting John Stanier to sign my copy of Red Fox, and then him asking me to sign his, discovering that most musicians are actually the coolest people ever…

But nothing compares to the greatest moment of my life….

bahahahahaha. oh MAN. JUST LOOK AT MY FACE. I hate weddings.

Anyway, if you’re interested in reading some of my (other) written work, you can find oodles of it here:

Hopefully I’ll find the time to do more of it in the future 🙂